Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lego Black Falcon Fortress Review

Lego Black Falcon Fortress 10039
(pictures taken a year ago)


The classic Legend Lego Black Falcon Fortress 10039. Ended on ebay on 21 March.


This is the second review on Lego Castle, the black falcon fortress is a collector's set. It consists of 6 knights and 2 horses, with a total of 424 pieces.

In 2004, my sister helped me to purchased 2 boxes in a Lego warehouse sales, at SGD 20 per box. She bought a few boxes, she mentioned that most people snapped up more than 1 box on that day. I sold 1 box to US shortly, it was my first listed item on US ebay, people were skeptical on my listing, in the end it was sold for less than USD30. I knew this box was suppose to cost more than SGD100.. but too bad.

2 days ago, I came across this set on ebay and was interested to know it's final value... it was a reproduction of the original released back in the 80s, a much sought after set. Finally sold for USD 153.59. That is SGD 215 without postage! A tenfold increase.

My current box is stored away in the cupboard, with no intention of opening it. Come to think of it, should not have sold my extra set back then... at least I can have a box opened.

No comments: