Sunday, March 14, 2010

North East Run 16 km (14 Mar 2010)

First race of the year... liked the cute cartoons.
RESULTS OUT TODAY (16 Mar)
Ranked in 434/1585 runners.

Back of the medal..
Race tag and medal, comes with red & white ribbon.

North East run 16km from google map. (14 Mar)

This morning NE run 16km location was at Pasir Ris, my first race of the year, it starts at 6:45am. Before the run, I knew that there will be a couple of overhead bridges. So, during training runs, I incorporated overhead bridges, the longest run was just 8 km with 2 overhead bridges.

The gun starts off at 6:45am, watching my pace by not going too fast at the beginning, pretty soon along the route, there was the 1st overhead bridge, it was up slope, it was not too tedious for me. Followed shortly was the second overhead bridge, climbed up the stairs feeling strong. After crossing 2 overhead bridges, was the 5 km markings, I looked at my watch, 30 mins.

At 10 km mark, after closing the 3rd overhead bridges (with staircases), my stop watch was 1hr 1 mins. We ran inside the campus of Temasek Polytechinc, took my time to enjoyed the nice buildings, and popped a power gel.

At around 13-14 km, the sun was out and started to feel the heat. It was like running towards the sun, and my face felt like burning for a while. I decided to pick up my pace, after crossing a total of 6 overhead bridges, it was near the end of the race ... in the last 1.5km keeping my pace constant, met a fellow Malay runner without his right arm in front of me, was motivated and admired his courage and grit, I decided to keep up with him, maintained eye contact as we run side-by-side, gave him a smile as a form of encourgement. I surged pass him shortly and crossed the finished line. My watch shows 1hr 32 mins, am satisfied with today's run.

Collected the goodie bag, the medal.. and was given a free ice-cream of berry favor! Wow... so having an ice-cream while doing my warming down... do not know if this was advisable, anyway I think I deserved it as a small reward after a tough run.

Walked towards the train station and came across a stable ... here are some pictures taken with my camera phone..

2 ponies and a few horses. Picture taken using 2MP handphone.

The stable in the area.

Thanks for reading, the next post coming up shortly this week will be my 1st LEGO review. Have a good week..

No comments: