Sunday, September 19, 2010

Evening at Esplanade Theatre

Art work on display inside the Esplanade

Taking a quick walk before the show

Inside the theatre

Performance include the Miao minority (miao zu) from China, singing in a unique voice, they are dressed in their traditional costume. This is one of the challenging picture, as the two audiences it from of me kept moving their heads..

The Symphony Orchestra

Quick snap taken from my seat, this is the advantage of a digital camera, not too much attention

The end of concert and a round of applause that lasted more than 15 minutes


Last evening, I attended a concert at the Esplanade, it was the first time I visited the place since it's opening. My mom was part of the singing group performing.

During a marathon we will always run pass the Esplanade, since it's opening back in 2002, it was part of the end route towards the finish line at the Padang. Can't believe this is the first time I'm stepping inside in 8 years.

No photography was allowed inside, anyway I used my digital camera without flash to snap a few shots. The place is nice, good music and a great evening. Readers might like to visit the theatre during a trip to Singapore.

The official site of Esplanade: www.esplanade.com.sg

No comments: